Administrative Assistant - WCHU and PES
Women & Children's Health Services and Performance Evaluation
Centenary Campus, cross site - Full-Time
The best at what we do. Rouge Valley Health System is an innovative leader committed to delivering the best patient/family experience in its two hospital sites—Rouge Valley Centenary, and Rouge Valley Ajax and Pickering. Focused on improving the health of our community, we are committed to learning, innovation and providing the best patient care experience for our patients and their families. Join our team as we meet the needs of our growing communities.
Rouge Valley's Lean approach to continuous improvement puts our patients first in everything we do. Through our Lean philosophy, Rouge Valley respects our staff's talents, skills and diversity and seeks to optimize value for patients. Help us lead transformation in health care. Our commitment to providing the best patient care and an effective workplace has resulted in many well-earned awards by our team of staff, physicians and volunteers: CBC's The Fifth Estate “A” rating, based on research by the Canadian Institute for Health Information and in 2013; Exemplary standing, the top rating from national hospital surveyors by Accreditation Canada.
Reporting to the Program Director of Women and Children’s Health Services, the successful incumbent will provide administrative support to the Women and Children’s Health Program and the Performance Evaluation Services Program. The role entails recognition to detail, quality, accuracy and scheduling of work. The Administrative Assistant will work efficiently and collaboratively in a team setting and be responsible for maintaining files, scheduling of meetings, typing of reports, confidentiality levels, courier interaction, interacting with both internal and external contacts and preparation of reports . The Administrative Assistant must be fully engaged and function in an anticipatory manner as an extension of their respective Program Director as a whole. Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of Secondary School or equivalent
- Completion of community college secretarial diploma or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel, Word, graphics, presentation software (PowerPoint) and data base applications
- Proven ability to design and produce effective and attractive communication and presentation materials, e.g. statistical reports, summary reports, tables, charts and graphs, power point presentations, posters, flyers, brochures
- Minimum 3-5 years recent working experience as an assistant, secretary, with working knowledge of medical terminology
- Proven experience with interorganizational committees, workgroups and meetings
- Knowledge of scheduling appointments, both through Outlook and manually
- Practical knowledge of preparation of minutes, agendas, and conference bookings
- Proven experience working with figures/budget, preparation of payroll, compilation of statistics
- Demonstrated ability to design and maintain office organization systems including traditional and electronic filing
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and telephone) and interpersonal skills with a well-developed customer service focus: dealing effectively with internal customers, the community and regional partners
- Proven effective organizational abilities, using self-direction and sound judgment to prioritize workload and to coordinate multiple demands and deadlines
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills, handling sensitive and confidential issues and information in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, perform well in a hectic and stressful environment, and strong initiative and ability to follow-up and follow-through on duties
- Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgement
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
Reference #: 14-NON-065