Starting Dec. 1, 2016, the Ajax-Pickering hospital is part of Lakeridge Health, forming a regional system of acute care for Durham. The integration follows an order by the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care that was signed following extensive community engagement through which we received input and feedback from patients and families, staff, physicians and local leaders.
“Today, we’re bringing Durham Region’s hospitals together as partners in a new team,” said Matthew Anderson, Lakeridge Health’s President and CEO. “This new system of regional care is great news for Durham families today, and sets the stage for growth tomorrow.”
For people in Durham, having a hospital system that spans the entire region means:
- People get both the specialized and general acute care services they need
- Better, more coordinated care for Durham families
- Creating critical mass, which will be a magnet for attracting top talent to our region
- Making it easier to work with other health care providers and services who operate across the Region
- The addition of 20 new mental health beds in Ajax-Pickering hospital
Services at Ajax-Pickering hospital
Temporarily, information about services available at Ajax-Pickering hospital will still be available here on this website. Please view Programs and Services to learn more.