Complex Continuing Care
Complex continuing care (CCC) is for patients with chronic conditions or a multi-system disease process, such as diabetes, cardiovascular conditions, arthritis and stroke. Patients may be dependent on technology-based continuing or intermittent care or have complex wound management issues. Patients may require specialized geriatric assessment and treatment intervention, and low tolerance rehabilitation services.
Our complex continuing care program includes the following inpatient services:
- Geriatric assessment and treatment unit (GATU): Comprehensive geriatric assessment and intervention by interdisciplinary team members to assist elderly patients who have sustained significant illness or injury.
- Complex general: Complex care for patients with chronic conditions or multi-system disease processes such as diabetes, cardiovascular conditions and stroke.
- Functional enhancement: Low intensity, reactivation program to assist patients who have experienced a recent loss of function due to illness or injury, including stroke and chronic deteriorating illness.
- Alternate level of care (ALC): Maintenance care for patients who have finished the acute-care phase of treatment and are awaiting placement in long-term care facilities. Learn more about alternative level of care—download our ALC patient brochure.
Our CCC facilities feature large, spacious patient rooms; new patient safety equipment, including ceiling lifts in each patient room, and adjustable height beds to help prevent patient falls. New equipment, including therapeutic hydraulic bath tubs, not only provide soothing baths, but also help to facilitate smooth patient transfers and in-house recreational therapy.
Rouge Valley Ajax and Pickering
- Complex continuing care: 905-683-2320 ext. 3230
Rouge Valley Centenary
Alternate level of care: 416-284-8131 ext. 7363
Geriatric assessment and treatment unit: 416-284-8131 ext. 7363
Complex general: 416-284-8131 ext. 7373