Registered Practical Nurse Emergency
Centenary Campus - Full Time & Part-Time positions available
The best at what we do. Rouge Valley Health System is an innovative leader committed to delivering the best patient/family experience in its two hospital sites—Rouge Valley Centenary, and Rouge Valley Ajax and Pickering. Focused on improving the health of our community, we are committed to learning, innovation and providing the best patient care experience for our patients and their families. Join our team as we meet the needs of our growing communities.
Rouge Valley's Lean approach to continuous improvement puts our patients first in everything we do. Through our Lean philosophy, Rouge Valley respects our staff's talents, skills and diversity and seeks to optimize value for patients. Help us lead transformation in health care. Our commitment to providing the best patient care and an effective workplace has resulted in many well-earned awards by our team of staff, physicians and volunteers: CBC's The Fifth Estate “A” rating, based on research by the Canadian Institute for Health Information and in 2013; Exemplary standing, the top rating from national hospital surveyors by Accreditation Canada.
Reporting to Manager of Emergency Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centred care environment. The Registered Practical Nurse will be responsible for personal patient care, vital signs, physical assessment, monitoring IV’s, setting up medical equipment as appropriate and other duties as assigned.
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Registered Practical Nurse Diploma from a recognized community college
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification, based on the Ontario Heart & Stroke guidelines
- Current experience in Medicine/Surgery
- Current Medication Administration course
- Previous or current (within 24 months) Emergency Department experience required
- Physical Assessment course from a recognized institution and/or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in performing electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Demonstrated experience in performing venipuncture
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills
- Proven ability to wok effectively within a multprofessional team
- Ability to relate to patients and family members representative of a diverse community setting
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of aseptic techniques
- Demonstrated ability to perform nursing and related duties
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
- Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Rouge Valley's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
Reference #: RPN-ED.RVHS