Health Information Management Professional -Coder (Reference Number 15-CUPE-026)
Health Information Management
Centenary Campus, Full Time
The best at what we do. Rouge Valley Health System is an innovative leader committed to delivering the best patient/family experience. Focused on improving the health of our community, we are committed to learning, innovation and providing the best patient care experience for our patients and their families. Rouge Valley Health System is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA, by making appropriate accommodations available throughout the selection and assessment process. If you require accommodation, please inform our Human Resources staff to ensure your equal participation. Join our team as we meet the needs of our growing communities.
Rouge Valley's Lean approach to continuous improvement puts our patients first in everything we do. Through our Lean philosophy, Rouge Valley respects our staff's talents, skills and diversity and seeks to optimize value for patients. Help us lead transformation in health care. Our commitment to providing the best patient care and an effective workplace has resulted in many well-earned awards by our team of staff, physicians and volunteers: CBC's The Fifth Estate “A” rating, based on research by the Canadian Institute for Health Information and in 2013; Exemplary standing, the top rating from national hospital surveyors by Accreditation Canada.
Reporting to the Manager of Health Information Management, the Health Information Management Professional – Release of information is responsible for processing requests for release of information to authorized requestors in accordance with legislative requirements and hospital policy, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Successful completion of a CHIMA recognized HIM program and CHIM certification, member in good standing with CHIMA
Must have 3 -5 years previous experience in Release of Health Information
- Demonstrated knowledge of health information privacy laws/regulations, i.e., PHIPPA, Mental Health Act, FIPPA
- Strong user of technology with ability to learn and act as super user of applications such as patient record management system, release of information documentation modules, SharePoint, etc.( Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools required, experience with Meditech an asset).
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent understanding of the patient consent directives management process.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Exposure to lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Rouge Valley’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
Reference #: 15-CUPE-026.RVHS
If you require accommodation, please inform our Human Resources staff to ensure your equal participation.