Registered Nurse Birthing Centre
Centenary Site, Part Time
The best at what we do. Rouge Valley Health System is an innovative leader committed to delivering the best patient/family experience in its two hospital sites—Rouge Valley Centenary, and Rouge Valley Ajax and Pickering. Focused on improving the health of our community, we are committed to learning, innovation and providing the best patient care experience for our patients and their families. Join our team as we meet the needs of our growing communities.
Rouge Valley's Lean approach to continuous improvement puts our patients first in everything we do. Through our Lean philosophy, Rouge Valley respects our staff's talents, skills and diversity and seeks to optimize value for patients. Help us lead transformation in health care. Our commitment to providing the best patient care and an effective workplace has resulted in many well-earned awards by our team of staff, physicians and volunteers: CBC's The Fifth Estate “A” rating, based on research by the Canadian Institute for Health Information and in 2013; Exemplary standing, the top rating from national hospital surveyors by Accreditation Canada.
Reporting to Manager of the Birthing Centre, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centred care environment. Your skills will accommodate rotation through Labour and Delivery and Post Partum.
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
- Current Certificate in Neo-natal Resuscitation (HSFO, NRP)
- Health Assessment course or equivalent experience
- Basic Fetal Monitoring Course
- Breastfeeding Course or recent experience in this area
- Minimum 2 years current family centred labour and delivery experience
- Minimum 1 year current experience in family centred maternal/newborn nursing
- Certificate courses in material/newborn care, neonatal assessment
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Rouge Valley's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
- Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgement
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record
Reference #: RN-BC.RVHS