Registered Practical Nurse Medicine
Centenary Site- Part Time
The best at what we do. Rouge Valley Health System is an innovative leader committed to delivering the best patient/family experience in its two hospital sites—Rouge Valley Centenary, and Rouge Valley Ajax and Pickering. Focused on improving the health of our community, we are committed to learning, innovation and providing the best patient care experience for our patients and their families. Join our team as we meet the needs of our growing communities.
Rouge Valley's Lean approach to continuous improvement puts our patients first in everything we do. Through our Lean philosophy, Rouge Valley respects our staff's talents, skills and diversity and seeks to optimize value for patients. Help us lead transformation in health care. Our commitment to providing the best patient care and an effective workplace has resulted in many well-earned awards by our team of staff, physicians and volunteers: CBC's The Fifth Estate “A” rating, based on research by the Canadian Institute for Health Information and in 2013; Exemplary standing, the top rating from national hospital surveyors by Accreditation Canada.
Reporting to Manager of Inpatient Medicine, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centred care environment. The Registered Practical Nurse will be responsible for personal patient care, vital signs, physical assessment, administration of medications, monitoring IV’s, setting up medical equipment as appropriate and other duties as assigned.
• Current CPR/BCLS certificate
• Minimum 2 years current experience in an acute care adult Medical/Surgical setting
• Medication Certificate from a recognized institution
• Current experience with delivery and administration of medications in an acute care setting
• Completion of an Asepsis course from a recognized institution
• Previous experience with neurology, nephrology, oncology and palliative patients
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Able to organize and prioritize the care of patients in an acute phase of illness
• Demonstrated ability to work on a multi disciplinary team
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Rouge Valley's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Physical Assessment course
• Courses related to neurology, nephrology, oncology and palliative care
• Assists with lifting, transferring, ambulation, etc. of patient
• Sitting, standing reaching, bending
Reference #: RPN MED.RVHS